The SKOPE report identified that the current skills systems is geared towards competence not excellence, highlighting that there is a role for WorldSkills UK to play in helping boost standards in the UK skills systems, and improve prospects for young people, by learning from international best practice.
We can’t do this alone, that’s why WorldSkills UK has partnered with like-minded NCFE
- Shared ambition - Both organisations have a shared desire to develop world-class educators to help develop a world-class skill system.
- Brand alignment – Both our organisations have strong heritage however are forward thinking with ideology
- Mission – NCFE’s mission is to promote and advance learning so that every learner achieves their full potential – which aligns with our mission so that every young person succeeds in work and life
- Social purpose – We are two organisations working tirelessly to promote social mobility and prosperity
- Expertise – WorldSkills UK is looking to learn from NCFE’s expertise and guidance to create most impact through curriculum development and digital expertise
NCFE is a leading provider of educational services and as a not for profit organisation they have a strong heritage in learning and have been at the forefront of technical and vocational education for over 170 years. They design, develop and certify diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards, which have contributed to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals.