How it will make a difference
The WorldSkills UK Centre of Excellence will make a real difference to a number of people:
Aspire to achieve and advocate for world-class standards by supporting staff and building confidence in delivery of world-class expertise
● Support teaching staff to enhance teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) skills through developing practices to embed world-class competencies and standards.
● Build on best practice to enable the organisation to disseminate knowledge, understanding and learning to the wider FE and skills communities.
● Contribute towards requirements for high standards of behaviours and attitudes within the Education Inspection Framework.
● Enhance the reputation and profile of the college through competition success, which can help build partnerships with industry leading to greater commercial benefit.
● Be recognised as a college that values best practice in its professional development.
● Increase the skill sets of learners and apprentices and ultimately benefit the economy.
Enhance your skills to play an influential role in the development of young people
● Provide exposure to world-class standards through a structured CPD framework with direct access to a High-Performance Skills Coach.
● Develop increased confidence through implementing a world-class competency and standards approach to support quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
● Enhance the ability to set high aspirations for young people of all abilities and contribute to higher outcomes.
● Enable the adoption of world-class standards through the application of new techniques and practices in technical skills development and enhanced approaches to formative and summative assessment.
● Provide a teaching framework for developing employability skills and occupational expertise.
● Provide a catalyst for raising standards across technical education, enabling staff to train others in new ways of teaching, learning and assessment.
Raise levels of aspiration and achievement for learners
● Boost formal attainment and motivation so learners aspire towards world-class standards of excellence.
● Introduce skills competitions as a means of achieving aspects of qualifications.
● Enhance CVs and improve employment opportunities.
● Provide a platform to endorse, recognise and celebrate skills of all learners, appreciating not all formal learning fully recognises all young people’s qualities or achievements.
● Support the development of a deeper understanding of skills for the world of work.