The main objective of the WorldSkills UK Centre of Excellence is to make a tangible, positive difference for learners in technical education and to provide a platform to elevate the reputation of both NCFE and WSUK.
By August 2023, the WorldSkills UK Centre of Excellence will:
- Promote and advance technical learning so that teaching quality is higher, and staff, student and apprentice performance is raised;
- Support educators to gain high performing and industry relevant skills that enhance their career development and progression;
- Provide students and apprentices with increased confidence and career aspiration and give them a springboard for transition in further education and careers;
- Give employers a more highly qualified and performing young workforce which will support higher business productivity;
- Grow the profile and positive reputation of NCFE and increase both NCFE’s and WSUK’s reach and impact across technical education; and
- Boost social mobility to change the lives of learners of all backgrounds.
- To support 42,000 young people from ALL backgrounds to succeed in work and life
- Work with educators so that they are artful world-class teaching practitioners, inspired and inspiring
- Ultimately drive systemic change within colleges and training providers