Electricians maintain and install modern electrical systems such as, power, lighting, fire protection, security and structured cabling and the equipment they serve to ensure effective and efficient operation.
SkillElectric has been designed to reflect the role of an Electrical Technician and the standards that are expected within the electrical industry. The SkillElectric competition is delivered by the registered charity NET (National Electrotechnical Training) who on behalf of the industry own, manage and develop the industry’s assessment of occupational competence, the AM2.
SkillElectric is generously sponsored by the following industry partners; ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme), Edmundson and Scolmore Group.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Competition organising partner
The SkillElectric competition is delivered by the registered charity NET (National Electrotechnical Training) who on behalf of the industry own, manage and develop the industry’s assessment of occupational competence, the AM2.Find out more