Landscapers create, develop and maintain gardens and open spaces using either their own design or one supplied by a landscape architect or a customer.
This competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as landscaper.
This competition requires trainee landscapers to showcase their skills across a number of technical skill areas, planning and material management.
- This is an individual competition.
- A maximum of 5 entries per organisation.
- Competitors must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a Semi-Final during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released following National Qualifier.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
Competition organising partner
The Association of Professional Landscapers is the competition organising partner for the Landscaping competition.