A painter & decorator works with all fabrics and paints to a high finish, carrying out work to both internal and external of properties.
A painter and decorator works on a wide range of painting and decorating projects ranging from house renovations to new-builds all the way to complex jobs such as painting bridges, or maintaining historic buildings. A painter and decorator makes walls and ceilings shipshape and attractive, using a variety of systems, wallpaper and other finishes.
It's one of the most in-demand construction trades and you'll need to master a range of techniques for making places look good, often training in new skills throughout your career. Specialist techniques include applying decorative paint finishes such as stencils, colour glaze, graining, marbling and lettering.
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of a painter and decorator and the standards that are expected within the construction industry.
- This is an individual competition.
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Heats, dates and venues
|22/03/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College,|
|30/04/2019||City Of Glasgow College|
|23/05/2019||Easton & Otley|
|13/06/2019||South Devon College|
Competition organising partner
CITB is the competition organising partner for the Painting and Decorating competition.