Plastering and drywall systems specialists install internal linings to buildings using lightweight steel frame systems, plasterboards and plaster products.
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of a plasterer and dryliner and the standards that are expected within the construction industry.
A dryliner creates new walls, rooms and corridors within a building. They also encase pipes and wires, create space for insulation and smooth out uneven surfaces during renovation work. Dryliners are skilled in building the internal walls in all types of buildings, using metal stud partitioning and plasterboard sheets. They also put in partitions that can move location later if needed, along with suspended ceilings and raised flooring.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Competition organising partner
CITB is the competition organising partner for the Plastering and Dry Wall Systems competition.