Wall and floor tilers decorate, enhance and protect finished buildings with tiles. Tiles may be made from many different materials such as terracotta, porcelain and natural stones including marble, as well as ceramics.
A wall and floor tiler applies a variety of ceramic tiles to walls and floor surfaces. Wall & Floor Tilers could fix tiles in a number of locations such as; kitchens, bathrooms, shops, hotels, restaurants, car showrooms, churches, swimming pools, spa areas. Tilers need to be skilled at setting out, preparing the surface to be tiled, and cutting tiles to a certain size or shape with hand-cutters or bench-mounted tools. Once tiles have been fixed to a surface they require grouting and polishing to complete the work.
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of a wall and floor tiler and the standards that are expected within the construction industry.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Heats, dates and venues
|22/03/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College|
|30/04/2019||City Of Glasgow College|
|23/05/2019||Easton & Otley|
|13/06/2019||South Devon College|
Competition organising partner
CITB is the competition organising partner for the Wall and Floor Tiling competition.