An IT Support Technician operates on the frontline, repairing and configuring PCs, routers and networks.
This competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an IT Support Technician within any industry.
This competition tests your ability to configure IT hardware and software to meet customer requirements. This will involve setting up a Client /Server network with a domain controller.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 6 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 2 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Competition organising partner
The Northumberland College is the competition organising partner for the IT Support Technician competition.Find out more