A Network Infrastructure Technician configures routers and switches to be able to send data around the world.
The competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as a Network Technician.
This competition consists of a series of tasks that include the installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of ICT networks using predominantly CISCO devices. The competition will test the knowledge and skills learned in the Cisco Network Academy programme.
- This is an individual competition
- Up to 3 competitors are permitted to enter this competition per location/campus, and up to 6 in total per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 2 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
|03/06/2019||New College Lanarkshire|
|07/06/2019||Glasgow Clyde College|
|13/06/2019||Cardiff & Vale|
Competition organising partner
The Northumberland College is the competition organising partner for the Network Infrastructure Technician competition.Find out more