Web Designers use coding and software applications to design, construct and implement websites, using both creative and technical skills.
Competitors will receive a professional brief and must design a user-friendly website from conception to completion in a live competition. The competition includes a range of competencies for web designers and developers. The Competition will include the creation of a responsive portfolio website that will be tested using Chrome and a smartphone.
- This is an individual competition.
- A maximum of 10 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must be working towards or recently completed in the last 12 months a Level 3 qualification
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Competition organising partner
Highbury College, Portsmouth is the competition organising partner for the Web Design competition.Find out more