Automation engineers build, maintain, repair and programme equipment control systems for the automation industry.
The competition has been designed to reflect the role of an Automation Engineer and the standards that are expected within the automation industry.
- This is a team competition for 2 competitors competing as a team
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences and have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|01/05/2019||Northern Regional College, Ballymena Campus, Farm Lodge Building, Farm Lodge Avenue, Ballymena BT43 7DF|
|09/05/2019||Festo Ltd, Applied Automation Centre, Caswell Road, Brackmills, Northampton, NN4 7PY|
|21/05/2019||Middlesex University, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BT|
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Automation competition.Find out more