Construction Metalworkers fabricate, assemble and join large and small metallic structures
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as a metalwork specialist in the engineering industry. The competition has been designed to reflect the role of an advanced metal fabricator and meet industry standards.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 20 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Joanne O'Brien (Semta) with Gold Medal Winner 2015 Thomas Woodburn
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Construction Metalwork competition.Find out more