Construction Metalworkers fabricate, assemble and join large and small metallic structures
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as a metalwork specialist in the engineering industry. The competition has been designed to reflect the role of an advanced metal fabricator and meet industry standards.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 20 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|02/05/2019||New College Durham, Framwellgate Moor Campus, Framwellgate Moor, Durham, DH1 5ES|
|03/05/2019||NCLAN Motherwell Campus, 1 Enterprise Way, Motherwell, ML1 2TX|
|23/05/2019||Coleg Cambria -Deeside, Kelsterton Road, Connahs Quay, Deeside, CH5 4BR|
|29/05/2019||Furness College, Channelside Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2PJ|
|12/06/2019||The Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, Nuns Corner Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ|
|18/06/2019||HETA, CATCH, Redwood Industrial Estate, Kiln Lane, Stallingborough, DN41 8TH|
|19/06/2019||Dudley College of Technology. Advance Campus. Priory Road, Dudley. West Midlands. DY1 4AS|
|25/06/2019||Burnley College, Princess Way, Burnley, BB12 0AN|
Joanne O'Brien (Semta) with Gold Medal Winner 2015 Thomas Woodburn
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Construction Metalwork competition.Find out more