Heavy Vehicle Technicians service, maintain and repair heavy vehicle mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of a heavy vehicle technician, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are requested to complete an online assessment at a selected centre, details of the location will be sent to you after registration
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at MAN Trucks Training Centre in Swindon in June 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Heavy Vehicle Maintenance competition.Find out more