Designers and Technicians in mechanical engineering and manufacturing use computer aided design (CAD) software to develop ideas and produce designs and documentation, including product concepts, drawings, 3D models, and project management.
The competition focuses on the essential requirements for a successful career in mechanical engineering specialising in CAD. Competitors will be tested on performance using CAD to produce 2D technical drawings, 3D models and 3D assemblies. Competitors will be required to produce animations and should have a full understanding of BS/ISO drawing standards and be able to use them effectively in different situations. Competitors must use Autodesk Inventor software to complete the tasks.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 20 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Mechanical Engineering: CAD competition.Find out more