Mechatronics Engineers build, maintain, repair and programme equipment control systems for the automation industry.
The competition is designed for two individuals to work as a team, testing their logic, design and fault-finding skills in a challenging environment. Competitors are expected to apply their theoretical knowledge of fundamental principles, automation, pneumatic, electrical/electronic and PLC technologies.
- This is for 2 competitors competing as a team
- A maximum of 2 team entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Teams will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Mechatronics competition.Find out more