Sheet Metal workers transform a sheet of metal into lightweight structures for everyday use; for example, commercial kitchens in restaurants are almost entirely made from sheet metal.
Sheet Metal Work Technology covers a vast range of everyday products that the “world cannot do without”. From Domestic appliances, Medical equipment Automotive and Aerospace to Construction, Retail Shop fitting and catering, they all need the skills of a Sheet Metal Worker.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 10 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the competition overview and core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Sheet Metalwork competition.Find out more