Sheet Metal workers transform a sheet of metal into lightweight structures for everyday use; for example, commercial kitchens in restaurants are almost entirely made from sheet metal.
Sheet Metal Work Technology covers a vast range of everyday products that the “world cannot do without”. From Domestic appliances, Medical equipment Automotive and Aerospace to Construction, Retail Shop fitting and catering, they all need the skills of a Sheet Metal Worker.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 20 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Heats, dates and venues
|30/05/2019||Furness College, Channelside Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2PJ|
|31/05/2019||KMF, High Carr Business Park, Millennium Way, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs, ST5 7UF|
|06/06/2019||Coleg Cambria -Deeside, Kelsterton Road, Connahs Quay, Deeside, CH5 4BR|
|14/06/2019||BurnleyCollege, Princess Way, Burnley, BB12 0AN|
|18/06/2019||City College Plymouth, Kings Road, Devenport, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 5QG|
|18/06/2019||Dudley College of Technology. Advance Campus. Priory Road, Dudley. West Midlands. DY1 4AS|
|28/06/2019||The Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, Nuns Corner Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BQ|
|TBC||Shrewsbury College, London Road,Shrewsbury, Shropshire,SY2 6PR|
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Sheet Metalwork competition.Find out more