The butchery competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
This competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled/disciplined Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry. It will test your overall skill, innovation, creativity, presentation, work ethic, method & approach to tasks, carcass & primal utilisation, waste and safe and hygienic working practice.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors do not have to hold a qualification to enter, however you must not have completed higher than a level 4 in Food Manufacturing Excellence qualification or the equivalent and should not have more than 5 years’ industry experience
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|22/05/2019||City of Glasgow College|
|18/06/2019||Southern Regional College|
|16/07/2019||Reaseheath College, Nantwich|
Competition organising partner
Cambrian Training is the competition organising partner for the Butchery competition.Find out more