A Florist is a professional who has specialised knowledge of plants and flowers and is skilled at producing floral designs to a high standard for all occasions.
The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of a florist, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of team entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below) and not have more than 5 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Individuals will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Please note: this Competition has a preliminary phase, which involves submitting a photographic entry for initial assessment.
- Download the competition overview and core competences from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Competition organising partner
The British Florist Association is the competition organising partner for the floristry competition.Find out more