The Health and Social Care sector is made up of a wide range of rewarding roles that have a positive impact on the lives of others.
This WorldSkills UK competition showcases the values, behaviours and attitudes required to work in health and social care and what it means to provide quality care.
Competitors will be expected to exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals to maintain their independence, dignity and control through a variety of practical exercises.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and should be working towards a Level 3 qualification or have achieved a Level 3 qualification in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Competitors are requested to submit an entry for initial assessment, details will be sent to you after registration.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|20/06/2019||South and City College, (Bourneville campus) Birmingham|
|21/06/2019||South and City College, (Bourneville campus) Birmingham|
|19/06/2019||South and City College, (Bourneville campus) Birmingham|
|25/06/2019||South Devon College, Centre for Health Care Professionals, 187 Newton Road, Torquay, TQ2 7FT|
|26/06/2019||South Devon College, Centre for Health Care Proefessionals, 187 Newton Road, Torquay, TQ2 7FT|