A Media Makeup Artist applies full body make up, including postiche and prosthetics, for use in theatre and media production.
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career in media make-up. Competitors will be expected to demonstrate their skills as make-up artists within dynamic media environments. The competition tests creativity, technician skills, consultative and communication skills. Competitors must display one or more highly creative finished products that demonstrate knowledge of current fashion trends, make-up and costume design.
- This is an individual competition
- Up to 3 entries per campus/site per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved within the last two years and/or are enrolled on a Make-Up programme of study working towards Level 3 or Level 4
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to submit a photographic entry for initial assessment, further information coming soon.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation
Coleg Cambria is the competition organising partner for the Media Make up – Body competition.