Those working in the Restaurant Service industry are well rounded individuals who have a good knowledge of basic restaurant service skills, wine service and knowledge, bar skills and good presentation skills.
This competition focuses on the role of Front of House staff in a range of Food and Beverage Operations.
Competitors should have good practical skills and a sound understanding of different styles of food & beverage service; formal & casual dining, table, table theatre, gueridon & silver service, cocktail & mocktail preparation & service, as well as a knowledge & appreciation of wines, liqueurs & spirits.
Competitors in Professional Restaurant Service must also be able to display good social skills, excellent personal presentation as well as safe & hygienic working practices.
- This is an individual competition.
- Up to 3 entries per campus/site per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and be training or working towards a Level 3 qualification or have achieved a Level 3 qualification in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Steve Love, Craft Guild of Chefs with Elizabeth Forkuoh, Gold medal winner 2015
Competition organising partner
The Craft Guild of Chefs is the competition organising partner for the Restaurant Service competition.Find out more