Nominations Guidance and FAQ’s
- Awards are open to organisations and individuals operating in technical education and apprenticeships, including FE and Higher Education organisations, employers and training providers.
- Nominations can be submitted from a named contact at the FE or Higher Education organisation or employer etc, an individual or another party.
- All nominations must include a third-party testimonial, with their contact details. If you are nominating someone else for an award, you can include a testimonial from yourself. If you are self-nominating, you will need to obtain a testimonial from someone else, along with their contact details, and add those to the submission form before submitting
- The awards are free to enter, and you can enter as many categories as you wish.
- Information provided should be relevant to the organisation’s or individual’s activities in the previous 18 months from the date of the nomination.
- The supporting information on the nomination form has a word limit of 900 words. We will not consider nominations that do not conform to this word count.
- Nominations MUST include requested details where specified.
- Following the deadline for nomination submissions, all nominees and contacts for testimonials will be contacted by WorldSkills UK.
- The Judging Panel will convene in the month before the Awards Ceremony to assess the nominations. The Judging Panel will decide the winners based on the written submissions, so do ensure you include as much information as possible, providing meaningful figures and impact metrics etc to support your points and demonstrate success.
- Meaningful figures / impact metrics might include the extent, frequency and reach of your activities; testimonials or satisfaction data / insights from people you have worked with or supported; evidence of partnerships or relevant collaborations; or any other metric that illustrates a measure of success according to the category criteria, including links to media / social media campaigns etc.
Q: Who can nominate for these Awards?
A: You can nominate your colleagues / peers or yourself. Please ensure you include performance information that the Judging Panel can verify when needed (WorldSkills UK staff and employees are excluded from entering).
Q: How do I submit a nomination?
A: You can submit nominations in as many categories as you deem appropriate.
If you are nominating someone else for an award, you can include a testimonial from yourself. If you are self-nominating, you will need to obtain a testimonial from someone else, along with their contact details, and add those to the submission form before submitting.
Please use the criteria and questions outlined in the Nominations Form and ensure your submission covers each criterion in your form. The Judging Panel will use this criterion in making their decisions.
We will not consider Nomination Forms that have been submitted with a word count over the maximum stated in the form.
The more factual information, statistics and evidence you can provide for any of these questions / criteria, the better your chances on being a finalist on the shortlist. In particular, the Judging Panel will be looking for evidence of your success and impact, reach, and innovation, along with the supporting testimonial.
Q: What is the cost for entering the awards, or attending the Award Ceremony?
A: There is no cost to enter the awards, or to attend the Awards Ceremony at WorldSkills UK LIVE.
Nominees and Award winners will all be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony and will need to register their attendance to WorldSkills UK LIVE. Attendance is free; however, nominees and winners will be required to make their own transport arrangements to attend.
WorldSkills UK LIVE is being held at the NEC Birmingham, details of the event, along with transport information can be found here: https://www.worldskillsuk.org/directions/worldskills-uk-live
If you are nominated and are not able to attend the Awards Ceremony, it will not affect your chances of winning the award you are nominated for.
Q: When is the deadline for Award Nominations?
A: Award Nominations must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 4th October 2019.
Q: Where do I submit my nomination?
A: Award Nomination forms should be submitted directly through the WorldSkills UK website, using the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the form.
Q: Who shall I contact if I have any more questions?
A: Please check the FAQ’s, which we hope will answer your questions. If you have any further questions that are not included in the FAQs, please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that the title of the email states 'Diversity and Inclusion Heroes Awards'.