For organisations, students or apprentices entering National Competitions
Can I still register for a competition?
No, registration closed on 5 May 2020.
What precautions is WorldSkills UK taking to protect those preparing to participate in our national competitions?
- We are taking extra precautionary measures to safeguard all participants involved in skills competitions.
- We continue to monitor the governments advice regarding coronavirus and together with our partners are reviewing the impact on the planned competitions. With our number one priority being the safety of all, we have taken the decision to postpone all qualifiers scheduled for April through to June.
- We’re working hard with our partners to agree alternative arrangements for the competitions and therefore encourage everyone to continue to register before the upcoming deadline.
- We thank you for your patience while we formulate a new plan to ensure competitions can be delivered in a way that is safe for all competitors, supporters, judges, organisers and staff.
Shall I still complete my registration during this uncertain time?
- Yes. We are currently working with our partners to formulate a new plan to deliver competitions that is safe for all.
- If you are experiencing any issues completing your registration call our call centre on 0800 612 0742
Will WorldSkills UK refund cost of my travel for the qualifiers if they are cancelled?
We are unable to cover the loss of any travel booked. We encourage you to wait further communication before booking your travel.
Who can I speak to about competitions if I am concerned?
In the first instance, please speak to the competition organiser, their contact details can be found on the relevant competition webpage. You can also get in touch with our call centre on 0800 612 0742 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition rules mention there may be a financial penalty for not attending a heat. If I’m unable to attend a heat due to myself or a family member becoming ill with COVID-19, or, if I’m unable to attend a rescheduled heat, will I still be penalised?
The registration date will be extended to 5th May and Competition Organising Partners (COPs) are planning for activity to take place later in the year so there should be no issue. COPs will review any situations that may arise on a case by case basis, but there is no reason to be concerned about this.
If I submit a registration by the closing date and I’m unable to accept the terms and conditions in order to complete my registration, will my registration be accepted?
As long as you have submitted your application on the system by 5th May, you will have until Friday 8th May to accept the terms and conditions in order to complete your registration and take part in competitions